Saturday, January 21, 2006

Our first house

Emily and I have bought a house together in Banbury - our first house.

It's a late Victorian townhouse. Big bathroom, big new kitchen. Nice, but needs a few bits of work. We're planning to convert the loft. We didn't want to be tied down to a huge mortgage especially since we're both contracting, so this was a good choice. I want to create a Japanese garden at the back - it will be a good learning experience since I've never done anything like that before.

The exchange date is the 10th of Feb, so we'll be moving over a period of a week or so after that. At the moment we're flogg some of our old tat on eBay. The rest goes to Oxfam.

We pick up so much unnecessary stuff in our lives. Unread books , unwatched videos, unwanted gifts. I think that from now on at Christmas we'll just ask for either A: money, B: a donation to charity or C: hard drink

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Real estate can be a great investment. My wife and I got rid of so much stuff last time we moved. It's really nice to get rid of all that clutter. Take care!

    -Jules

    ReplyDelete